Not being able to master one’s time is like shooting without a target. However, having a good business efficiency technique can grant you the power to save wasted time, and thus money – as well as your sanity.
Here are 5 tips on how you can make time work harder for you:
- Do a Time and Motion Study. This is the direct observation of a task from the time you initiated it to the time it was done, keeping track of the activities in between that may or may not contribute to productivity. The idea is to recognize the things that can be controlled and discontinue the tasks that inhibits productivity (e.g. emails, texting, Social media, etc).
- Use the 80/20 rule. This rule basically says that 80% of your results come from the 20% of your efforts. Identify the 20% of your daily schedule where your business productivity is heightened and focus your attention in it.
- Learn to delegate. Create your own set of minions, your own version of mini me’s that can work without your supervision, but you can be guaranteed that their work will always gain your approval. Train them well to be just like you.
- Turn Off Your Email Alerts. This will save you from looking being distracted every time an email comes in. You can focus on the task at hand in total concentration and then YOU determine when you check your emails.
- Beware of the Shiny Object Syndrome. These will be distracting you from your goals so keep away from such temptations.
Of course, because I’m a VA my favourite is number 3, how about you?